Dieffenbachia (dumbcane) is a tropical plant native to Southern Mexico, Central and South America. Known for its pillowy leaves and bright yellow and green contrasting patterns, these plants grow thick stalks and can quickly become a household favorite.
Our 6" dieffenbachia has been grown by a South Florida company that has been in service of the ornamental houseplant industry since 1961.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Planted in 6" composite pot with no drainage holes. Rigid, lightweight material
- Recommend transplanting within 2-3 years into a vessel 1-2 inches larger using regular potting mix
- Clean leaves with a damp paper towel every 1-2 weeks to aid photosynthesis and stimulate growth. Check leaves and stalks for pests while cleaning.
- If pests are found, remove with a damp paper towel and use a mild organic pesticide in a spray bottle to coat the affected areas.
- Water thoroughly once every 7 days. We will add clay drainage balls to the bottom of the pot, however, avoid overwatering.
- Medium to high indirect light, avoid windows as they amplify the sun's intensity and create heat that may damage the plant.
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
All items are shipped from Florida on Mondays or Tuesdays to allow for maximum continuous transit time while avoiding time spent sitting in warehouses, trucks, or other distribution points over the weekend.
Item ships only within the contiguous U.S. (no AK, HI, PR). No international shipments.